We are very excited to announce that our office is open for all services including routine eye exams. This is in accordance with the Governor's lifting of “stay at home" orders and announcing Phase I of the reopening of Rhode Island.
This information is meant to inform you of new procedures to follow the next time you come to the office and to reassure you that our office is committed to providing a safe and comfortable environment when you come for your next visit.
Our office will do extensive disinfection of all equipment, materials and surfaces with which patients come in contact. We will follow the regulations and the new infection control guidelines adopted in response to the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic by the DOH, CDC, AOA, and OSHA.
We made many changes in how we practice to keep our patients and staff safe. Until further notice, follow the new procedures listed below when you come to the office.
- Our office will communicate with you before your appointment to ask you screening questions and reschedule if you are not feeling well or have been exposed to anyone diagnosed with COVID-19 in the last 14 days. Also, staff will be told to stay home if they are not feeling well.
- Call the office from your car when you arrive at the building. You will again be asked screening questions concerning COVID-19 as well as for changes in demographics and insurance. To limit contact between patients you will then be instructed to wait in your car and will be called when we are ready to see you.
- Leave all personal belongings in your car other than insurance information and materials used for payment.
- Please bring a mask with you to the office. It is mandatory for all patients and staff to wear masks when in the office. We will provide you with a mask if you do not have one.
- Please do not have friends and family members accompany you into the office unless absolutely necessary.
- Use hand sanitizer when you enter the office. They will be located in several locations and can be used as often as you feel is needed.
- Only one person will be allowed in the optical area at a time.
- Curbside pickup of glasses will be offered and contact lenses will be direct shipped to your home.
We are greatly looking forward to seeing you again soon as we move toward the “new normal". We are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we are taking to keep everyone safe in our practice.